This article contains the following information:
1.Which Build is the latest GA and how to update
2.What is the latest GA-1 Update. For Release Notes go here.
3. Important information on applying updates
4. How to perform an OFFLINE update where your VM does not have internet connection. If you have internet access, go here.
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with any update it is recommended to properly shut down the guest operating system (not power off the VM) of the Operations Manager instance VM and perform a snapshot (or clone it). This will provide a reliable restore point if you have any issues during the upgrade.
Also check the disk space usage on your server: SSH into the VMTurbo instance as root (default password is vmturbo) and issue the command: "df -kh" (no quotes). Make sure you have at least 5GB of disk space left.
This update may take many hours to complete depending on the size of your topology and database -
PLEASE DO NOT RESTART the VMTurbo VM during this process if the UI is not responding!
Update Links and Offline Update Instructions:
If the VMTurbo appliance is not connected to the internet, yet you need to update the appliance, please follow the instructions below.
- To determine the architecture of your VMTurbo Server, go to Help -> About or in the Admin tab -> Maintenance then Software Updates -> About, you will see a detailed output of your VMTurbo Server version as well as a line that will indicate whether you are running 64 bit or 32 bit architecture as well as the OS where x86_64 would be the 64 bit, the typical installation. NOTE: The default OS is openSuSE unless you have deployed VMTurbo onto your own RedHat OS.
5.2 Update 3
- Update Link: If you are on v4.x / v5.0 / v5.x, and would like to upgrade to the newest release 5.2 Update 3 (release notes), download the offline update zip file from one of the below links.
5.3 Update 1
- Install the update using your Operations Manager offline update page. It is found at this web address:
** It is recommended that you use FireFox, Chrome or Internet Explorer 10 to perform this update.
2. If you are using the preferred browsers mentioned above you will see this page:
3. If you are using Internet Explorer version 9 or older you will most likely see this page:
4. Regardless of which page you see, you will need to do the following:
- Enter your VMTurbo administrator credentials (please use the default Administrator account)
- Select the "Apply Offline Update" method
- Browse and find the product update file downloaded in step 1.
- Select the "Upload" button to execute the update.
**IMPORTANT**: This update may take up many hours to complete, depending on the size of your topology and database - PLEASE DO NOT RESTART the VMTurbo VM during this process if the UI is not responding! If you feel that the update is not progressing, please contact VMTurbo Technical Support.