There are two recommended practices to restart VMTurbo:
1) Issue a 'Guest Restart' command from your hypervisor management console (e.g. from VMWare VC, XenCenter, SCVMM)
2) Restart the VMTurbo Operations Manager server from within the VM itself:
- Establish a Putty, ssh or console connection to the VMTurbo server
- Login as the "root" user. The default password is vmturbo
- After login execute 1 of the following shudown commands:
- vmturbo:~ # shutdown -r now
- This command will immediately reboot the server
- vmturbo:~ # shutdown - r +10 "rebooting in 10 minutes"
- This command will reboot the server in 10 minutes
Warning: Do not force a restart (like pushing and holding the power button on a Server/PC), this has the possibility of doing serious harm to the VMTurbo software and/or other supporting software running on the VMTurbo server.