Updated on May 8, 2013
In some cases it is necessary to send VMTurbo the diagnostic data from the VMTurbo appliance. Below are step-by-step instructions on doing this.
NOTE: It is recommended that you login to the Operations Manager server using the default "administrator" account when executing these procedures
1. If your VMTurbo has internet connectivity:
- Login to the VMTurbo Operations Manager web interface
- Navigate to the Admin Tab
- Select the Maintenance Section of the Admin Tab
- On the left hand side of the page locate Diagnostics
- Click on the 'Export Diagnostics Data' button.
- You should next see the "Support diagnostics upload succeeded." once this is complete.
- If you do not get this message it may indicate that your VMTurbo appliance does not have internet connectivity. If this is true then follow the steps in section 2 below
2. If your VMTurbo appliance does *not* have internet connectivity:
- You must be using one of the following 3 browsers:
- Internet Explorer 10 or later
- Navigate to the “update.html” page on your VMT server. See the example and screenshot below:
- Login with the default administrator account but make sure that you press the CTRL key while you click on the Authenticate button, this key sequence will put you in expert mode. The screen will then look like below. Select the “Export Diagnostics” function and then hit the “Download” button.
- Once this completes select the “Download Last Diagnostic File” function which will transfer the diagnostics file to your desktop.
- Upload the diagnostic file from your desktop to the sharefile or ftp location provided by your VMTurbo support agent.